We would like to thank all of our sponsors for their generous support, especially TBD who is the primary sponsor of the ACM Programming Contest.
Jeffrey S. Raikes School of Computer Science and Management
Become a Sponsor
We are writing to seek your sponsorship support for the ACM Programming contest at UNL campus. This year, the contest will be held on Oct. 28, 2017. Please read on for more details. Please let us know if your company can make a financial contribution towards the contest.
If possible, we would like to receive a contribution of $1000 for this year's event based on our current budget needs, though any amount would be greatly appreciated and gratefully acknowledged. The contribution would be used to offset costs that include participant housing, awards and prizes, and general operating funds for the contest.
If you are interested in sponsoring, please send a check (suggested amount -- $1000) to the University of Nebraska-Foundation. The payee should be "ACM Programming Contest Fund (#01102770)" and mailed to:
University of Nebraska Foundation 1010 Lincoln Mall Suite 300 Lincoln, NE 68508
If you wish to donate online, please visit https://nufoundation.org/donate?fundId=01102770 and follow instructions on the page.
The UNL Computer Science and Engineering department invites you to have a display booth with information about your organization and possible recruiting needs.
In return for your contribution, you will receive
- Invitation to the Contest Award ceremony and reception
- Your organization logo on the Sponsors page (http://acm.unl.edu/programming-contest/sponsors)
- Opportunity to interact with UNL faculty judges and organizers
On Saturday, October 28, 2017 the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) will be a regional host site for the ACM Programming Contest (http://acm.unl.edu/programming-contest/). This collegiate contest offers computer science students and coaches the opportunity to participate in friendly competition. Events consist of informational meetings for students and coaches, lunch, a programming contest and an awards ceremony. Being a regional host site gives our department and university a unique opportunity to recruit exceptional students from these schools by showcasing our CSE graduate program and our Industry Sponsors. Some interesting facts regarding the UNL Regional Contest include:
- UNL consistently draws nearly 40 teams each year from up to 19 schools in 6 states. Teams consist of three students and a coach.
- UNL has the largest site in the region, attracting teams from up to twice as many schools as any other site.
- The UNL site has produced 12 winning teams in 11 years. Winning teams place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in the region of up to 200 entries and advance to the World Finals.
- UNL has produced 8 winning teams in 15 years. The international contest includes approximately 110 teams from the thousands that begin the competition worldwide. Sites for the international competition that UNL teams have attended include the Netherlands, Vancouver, Waikiki Beach, Shanghai, San Antonio, Tokyo, Harbin and Stockholm.
- UNL's reputation is growing. The students competing in the contest are skilled programmers who are greatly sought after by industry for internship and permanent positions.
- Successful programming contest competition requires math/logical maturity, finely honed problem solving skills, extensive development of teamwork (3 contestants share one computer and must pool and distribute their talents across multiple problems) and endurance for the 5 hour contests.
We would greatly appreciate an early response (preferably October 10) so we may begin to finalize our budget. Our goal is to raise $10,000 for these activities. Thank you for your time and generosity. Should any questions arise or you would like additional information about these activities, please contact Justin Bradley, by email at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> or by telephone at (402) 472-5072.
Please let us know if you need additional information.
Chair, ACM Programming Contest Committee